Tuesday, March 26, 2013

First Day in Paris: Part deux

Once we found ourself at our apartment, still tired and very hungary, it turned into a blessing. We were living next door to a grocery store. I can't speak for the other 6 ladies on the trip, but the 4 of us, made out pretty grand by being next door to a grocery.

After we ate, showered, it was time to go out again. Still with no idea where we were going other than to see where the other 2 ladies were staying. After a ton of metro rides, we found ourselves on the Champs Elysee...


While this was a nice surprise, It wasn't what I wanted to do on my first day in Paris, honestly a more eventful idea is the Eiffel Tower, since it is the most recognized symbol of Paris. Many of the women did not yet have Euro's and we weren't really stopping to go into shops, I mean who goes on the Champs Elysee and doesn't go into a few stores? We walked to the end of the Champs and found ourselves at the famed Arc de Triompe, for a group photo, something the "host" does with all her guest.

That's my BJ, taking a photo.

We finally went to dinner, after a very long day and it was rather eventful. The "host" made a rather outlandish comment about black women being rude and that if someone had a problem with her they should tell her, now this comes after my two friends were laughing. Now heres my take, if you assume that someone is laughing at you although you are not in their conversation, You must be talking about them or you are extremely self-consious and most likely have no real friends, but again I digress. The statement was totally rude, uncalled for and it made one of my friends cry and caused me to loose respect for the "host." 

BJ, spoke to the "host" and assumed all was ok, as ok as things could be as we as a group had decided we were pretty much done with the "host," little did we know, little did we know...


No comments:

Post a Comment